Checking of computer specs is very important when you want to buy a new computer or upgrade the old one. Before you buy a new computer, you have to check the most important specs as to whether it can withstand the purpose for which you are buying it.
Below are some of the simplest ways to check the specifications of a computer.
How to check Windows edition, Processor, Installed memory (RAM), System type and Windows activation.
- Right click on the start button on the left corner of the taskbar.
- There will be a pop-up menu, click on System from the menu.
- The System window will open which will reveal all the information stated above including Windows edition, Computer name and Workgroup.
Another method to open the System Window is to press the Windows key and the Pause/Break key simultaneously.
If you are on Windows 10 and you want to check almost all specs of your computer including Operating system (OS) name, OS version, OS manufacturer, System manufacturer, System model, System type, Processor, BIOS version/date and so on, follow the steps below;
Steps in checking system information on Windows 10.
- Click on the search area on the taskbar between the windows button and the Task View button.
- Use the keyboard to type System information into the search area.
- Click on the System Information that appears under Best match.
- The System Information window will open where you can find almost all your computer’s system information including your Processor speed and Installed Physical Memory (RAM).
How to check the hard drive capacity on Windows 8-10.
- Open any folder at all to open File explorer.
- On the left side of file explorer, click on This PC.
- Under Devices and drives, all hard disk would show. Hover the mouse pointer over the hard disk icon(put the mouse pointer on the hard disk icon) and you will see Free space and Total size of the hard disk.