(Notice that the questions are based on what the teacher has been able to teach so far)
END OF FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
- The first generation of computers existed between………….. A. 1940 and 1956 B. 1956 and 1963 C. 1964 and 1971 D. 1980 and 2019
- What was the main piece of technology used in the first generation computers? A. IC B. Vacuum tubes C. Transistors D. CPU
- The first generation computers can perform ……….. task(s) at a time. A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4
- Computers are categorized into …….. type(s). A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4
- ………… is used in the new generation of computers for processing data. A. Microprocessor B. IC C. Vacuum tube D. Transistor
- The fastest computer is the ……. A. Supercomputer B. Mainframe computer C. Mini computer D. Microcomputer
- The process of starting or restarting a computer is termed ………. A. Starting B. heating C. booting D. processing
- Which type of computer is more common? A. Supercomputer B. Mini computer C. Microcomputer D. Mainframe computer
- The computer has ……….. main hardware parts. A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4
- The ……….. is a part of the computer which has keys for typing. A. mouse B. joystick C. keyboard D. monitor
- To select an item on the computer, you need to press the left mouse button ………… A. once B. twice C. thrice D. quadruple
- The computer has ……… main components. A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4
- The human component of the computer is referred to as ……….. A. Liveware B. manware C. malware D. hardware
- The physical parts of the computer that can be seen and touched are called ………… A. software B. hardware C. humanware D. liveware
- If the text on a paper is called hardcopy, what is the name of the text on a screen of a monitor? A. Monitor copy B. Softcopy C. Screencopy D. Reading copy
- Microprocessor is also known as ………. A. computer B. CPU C. monitor D. keyboard
- The set of instructions that instructs the computer on what to do is called ………. A. software B. hardware C. humanware D. liveware
- The following are part of the main hardware components of a computer except ………. A. keyboard B. monitor C. printer D. mouse
- ………. is a type of software. A. System software B. Monitor software C. Light software D. Power software
- A basic mouse has ………. buttons. A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4
- The computer mouse is a/an ……….. device. A. input B. output C. power D. storage
- The colourful background on the desktop is called ………… A. wallpaper B. wallpicture C. screen saver D. paint board
- When items are deleted on the computer, they go into the …………. A. folder B. recycle bin C. file D. monitor
- A trash can is also called ………… A. refuse dump B. recycle bin C. tin D. cycle
- When an item is brought back from the recycle bin, it means the item has been……………. A. deleted B. restored C. cancelled D. erased
- The process of sending an item into the recycle bin is called……….. A. restore B. delete C. copy D. paste
- To copy and paste an item on the desktop, the first action to take is to………. A. right-click on the desktop B. right-click on the item C. click on the item D. delete the item
- Which finger is placed on the A key when typing? A. Thumb B. Left little finger C. Left ring finger D. Right middle finger
- Which of the applications below is used to learn how to type? A. Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing B. MS Word C. Excel D. Facebook application
- One of the following is an operating system. Which one? A. WhatsApp B. MS PowerPoint C. Windows 10 D. MS word.
Answer only four questions
- Rearrange the following on how to change the wallpaper to a colour on windows 10.
- Click on the rectangular shape with the down-pointing arrow under Background.
- Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
- Click on Solid color.
- Click on Personalize from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the color you want under Background colors. (10marks)
2.a. What is meant by copy and paste? (2marks)
b. Mr. Gyamfi wants you to help him copy and paste a folder on his computer’s desktop. What are the steps you are going to use? (8marks)
3.a. Explain the three main components of a computer system. (6marks)
b. Why are the first generation computers larger and heavier than the forth generation? (4marks)
4.a. Draw a basic computer mouse and label the parts. (4marks)
b. Write down one use each of the following buttons; I. Left mouse button II. Right mouse button III. Scroll wheel (6marks)
5.a. What is a recycle bin? (2marks)
b. List the steps in deleting an item permanently from the recycle bin. (8marks)