The computer behaviors that shows that it is infected with virus are;
- The computer will start running slowly especially when booting.
- Programs will start loading slowly and might be crashing too.
- New icons might be appearing on the desktop by themselves.
- The computer might be restarting itself.
- Sometimes you might be denied access into some applications. Some applications may open but will not behave as usual.
- You may be seeing unexpected pop-ups from some applications like your antivirus software. The antivirus software might even be disabled by itself.
- The computer’s system software(Windows) may start behaving abnormally, like freezing and not being able to show all it’s features.
- Sudden error messages may appear which may tell you that there are some files missing. It may pop-up in the form of a warning.
- The fan might run faster than usual.
- The lights on the CD-ROM might keep a bit longer before going off after turning off the computer.
Note: some of the symptoms mentioned above are not always as a result of virus attack but can be something else, like freezing can also occur as a result of your disk running out of space.