You might want to format your computer due to virus attack, a corrupted windows or for any other reason. Perhaps your CD ROM is not working or your computer does not have one at all. You can still use a pendrive to format your machine but it has to be made bootable and that is what we are about to do.
Things needed(requirements) to make your pendrive bootable;
- A working computer
- Windows vista, 7,8 or 10 .iso file. ( windows xp is not supported) ; you can download the ISO file online.
- Fat32/NTFS formatted pendrive; must be at least 4GB.
Let’s now make that flash drive bootable;
- Download the Universal USB installer application, run it and agree with their policy to open the application.
- Insert the pendrive into the USB port.
- Under step 1 in the application, select the windows you want to install on the pendrive ( make sure you have the ISO file of the windows you are selecting on your computer).
- Under the step 2 option, click on Browse to open the folder in which your ISO file can be found and select it.
- Beneath the step 3 option, there is a small rectangular box with a down-pointing arrow. Click on the arrow to choose the pendrive you inserted into the USB port earlier.
- Go to the bottom part of the application and click on Create. If there is a confirmation message, just confirm for the process to begin.
- Wait for the process to finish and click Close.
Yes! That’s all!
In fact, this is the simplest way I had ever used to make my pendrive bootable. If you know of any other way which is more simpler than this, please share with as in the comments section below.