Jumia Ghana has over the years gained a lot of customers, both sellers and buyers. They try as much as possible to make their system flexible enough to ensure smooth and confidential transactions on their platform.
The usage of mobile money in Ghana has gained so much popularity that it looks inevitable in our daily transactions. This has triggered the idea of JumiaPay introduced by Jumia to help MTN and Airtel & Tigo (MTN MoMo and airteltigo money) users to feel at ease when paying for products purchased on Jumia Ghana. This procedure of payment works for MTN MoMo and airteltigo money users.
How to make payments on Jumia Ghana with MTN MoMo and airteltigo money. (2019)
Before you even pay for a product unless you buy one right? It is much easier navigating through their products when using the Jumia app than using their website, so let’s use the app. ( Hope you already have Jumia account, if not, create one with the app and provide an ‘easy to access’ email address . I mean the email address should be the one you can easily access with your phone because you will need it to make this process successful)
- Open the Jumia Ghana app, look for the product you want to buy and tap on it. If you can’t find the item, type the name of the item into the search box on top of the app and hit the search button.
- After tapping on the item, tap on BUY NOW at the bottom of your screen. The item(s) would be added to your cart.
- Get into your cart by tapping on the cart symbol in the top right corner of the app.
- Tap on COMPLETE YOUR ORDER.
- Now the Delivery page will appear. Things on this page are;ADDRESS DETAILS(address of the place you want the item to be delivered to together with your phone number), DELIVERY METHOD(choose the first method, that’s Home & Office Delivery), Subtotal(cost of the item), shipping(shipping fee) and Total(cost of item plus shipping fee) .
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on PROCEED TO PAYMENT.
- On the Payment page, select Mobile Money. Usually, it is selected automatically.
- Scroll down and tap on PROCEED TO SUMMERY.
- On the Summary page, make sure your address, delivery method and payment method are all right. If you are not OK with any of them, you can tap on CHANGE on the right-hand side of those options and make changes before proceeding.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on CONFIRM.
- The JumiaPay page will appear showing you the total amount to be paid and the last four digits of your phone number. Tap on PAY NOW with the blue background.
- At this stage, just follow the prompts to complete payment. You would be prompted to enter your mobile money code and also approve the transaction then you are done.
You may get an error page after payment. Don’t worry, you are fine. Jumia will email you payment confirmation.