These days, there are a lot of fake phones in the system. If you are not highly careful, you will end up buying one which means you have to prepare money for another one since you can only use it for a few weeks.
Perhaps you are gathering money to get yourself a new phone because the old one is running out of favour. Read the tips below to avoid buying a fake phone;
- The original price of the phone is the first thing to check. Each and every phone in the market today has an original selling price. It can only be a little bit expensive in other countries than where it was manufactured due to shipping or other means of transportation. If it is more cheaper than its original price, never buy it. You can check the selling price on the manufacture’s website.
- Do not buy a phone from unknown and unauthorized shop. Make sure you buy from well known and authorized shop both online and offline. If for a reason or two you cannot go to a main well known source to buy a particular phone, look out for their nearby accredited branches or dealers and purchase from them.
- Purchase a phone which is in its original box or package. It may happen that the phone will not even be in a box at all. Sometimes when you go to a shop to buy a phone, the seller will now start to pick parts(battery,USB cable, etc) of the phone from different boxes in other to assemble them in a box for you. Never accept such a phone as it stands a great chance of being fake. You have to be more vigilant because these sellers are very smart. ( talking from experience). Also check the spelling of the brand’s name on the box. For example, if you are buying a Nokia product, check whether the “Nokia” is well spelt.
- Check the full specifications of the phone on the manufacture’s website. Most phones come with their specifications written on their boxes. Make sure those specifications are the same as those you checked on the website before you buy.
- Make sure there is not less than 10 months warranty certificate attached to the package so that you can return it when you realize it is not original. Most at times, there is short span warranty for a fake phone(at most 6 months) and at times no warranty at all.
ADVICE : For those who like buying phones online, please buy from reputable online shops because some of them make it very complicated to return the phone if there is a problem with it.